Happy Holidays!
I hope everyone is having a great holiday. I havn't been writing much in here lately but hopefully you are having fun with my pictures. I had a nice Christmas. Very calm, not a real big deal here.
Things are progressing okay. I am working on learning Creole every day. Mostly just trying to barefoot and pick up what I can. Please continue to pray for me that I would get a grasp on it soon so that when I move in with my Haitian family I can get to know them and talk to them and learn from them. And pray for discernment on looking for a new tutor to take over a couple days of the week. We've pretty much decided to cut down hours for my tutor now but aren't sure who else will be good. Nou ap fe reflesion. I'm not sure how to spell the last word but that means we are thinking, or reflecting, on it. That was a new phrase for today.
We went into town today for some groceries and to go to the bank and we were driving by MAF, where my luggage is. It was suppose to be closed but they ran outside and flagged us town so that I could go get my luggage. It was a relief to finally get. Everything seemed to be there and in good shape. I finally got my room set up to be a little more homey. I think it's pretty cute. I'll try to get a picture of it for you all soon.
I am staying busy doing lots of different things as you can probably tell from my pictures. Yesterday we drove and drove for a long time to look at some wells that need repairing. We left before 9 and got home around 2:30 or something. Altogether we had traveled 20 miles, 10 out and 10 back! Travel here isn't easy. It's funny when you think of countries like Haiti you think of villages but there aren't villages here. Everywhere you go you can just go farther and find more houses. They aren't clustered together at all really so it makes things interesting.
I guess that's about it for all I just wanted to send a real message to you all. Thanks for all the emails. I appreciate all the updates. I try to reply to people but if I miss you I'm sorry! Keep them coming. Since I have so many pictures up pretty soon I will archive more so the page won't take so long to open. The pictures will still be there you will just need to click on one of the folders on the right side to see the older pictures.
Happy New Year!!!!!

1 Comments:
So glad you and your luggage are reunited!
Praying for you to learn the language quickly. I can only imagine how challenging it is!
~Maria
Post a Comment
<< Home