Howdy from Haiti...
Well, this has been a good week. I have done a lot of thinking. There is a lot here that could overwhelm me. This is anything from having every person you meet having such great needs to trying to plan and implement ag projects with a Christian focus with an undergrad degree from a school in KY to help you. There is a lot to think about. Although I am moving along in language I am looking forward to moving on quickly to being able to minister to them in their heart language and not just have little conversations and pass out medicines and candy. But I have recently got a lot of encouraging notes from the "homefront." I was thinking about one of these notes in church and a Bible study I have been working on I could here God speaking to me. He was just assuring me saying. He said "Lindsey, I called you here to follow me. Don't stress out about the things you need to do while you are here. If you abide in me and seek me I will give you what you need each day to do the job I called you here for." He has given me all this encouragement from home as a gift. I, of course, didn't come here to minister to you folks but it seems I have done some of that. That wasn't my plan, but apparently it was His. That is was a special reminder.
As if that wasn't enough, 2 or so days later, a little neighbor girl came to the house and I was able to present to her the plan of salvation- in Creole. Of course I just looked up verses in the Bible read them to her. But she prayed and accepted Christ into her heart and wants to be baptized. Delores had been treating her family for malaria and had given the mom and an older sister the plan of salvation at our house the other day. The mother wants to wait- she thinks she is not ready but she asked Delores to pray for her. She wants to pay off some bills to the medicine men first. Please be in prayer for her as she is not responding to the medicine and has several children. Pray she would turn to God and He would heal her body and soul. Her older daughter did want to accept Jesus and prayed to do so.
So that was a neat thing. I am learning to just trust God each day for what He wants me do. I think He calls us to Himself and then just asks us to follow Him where He leads. For me that was here.
We are hoping to have our mail shipped to us around the first on March. So if you have any last minute letters or anything ready that may be my last shot at mail for a while. I sure do enjoy letter, hint, hint...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home