Not much new...
Our week seems to be going well. Monday we had several people at our Bible study at Doko so it seems they are recovering from the riff that sort of set us back some. Pierre, our cow thief, came after Delores went and got him and his family. But we were just about to get started when the old leader he were having problems with came in sreaming and hollering and making a big fuss. I couldn't understand everything but it seems he was demanding 3 months pay for his work there. But we had said from the beginning we weren't paying him. We decided there was nothing we could do to calm him down so we started singing our storying songs and he left. But we don't expect that to be the end of things!
Pierre's brother-in-law, our burned victim, is in a lot of pain, of course but he is still alive. They were trying to get in touch with some other family to come and help them. Pierre's wife is his only family here and they barely have enough to support themselves and their 3 kids. We brought Pierre home with us after the meeting to give him some rice, beans, oil, and juice stuff. They have no money at all right now to buy food for everyone. Pierre and his wife, Michlin, have said that they did talk to Panama about accepting the Lord and he said that if the Lord brings him through this then he will accept him. I hope he realizes this may be his last chance. If he dies without accepting the Lord I have to believe he will suffer for eternity just as he suffers now. But if he accepts the Lord he may even die but he would spend eternity in heaven where there is no pain. It seems like a simple decision for me. Please continue to pray for him.
Please pray also for my aunt (my dad's step-sister), Jenny, and her family. In the email I got yesterday she was about to loose her battle with cancer. I don't know how much time she has left, not much, but she is a Christian and we can rejoice in that. Pray for peace for her husband, 2 kids, mom, dad and the rest of her family as they say good-bye to her.
Thanks,
Lindsey

1 Comments:
Lindsey-I've really enjoyed hearing about all that is going on with you there in Haiti. A very good friend of mine is traveling there in a few days with Hands and Feet. I may be going there in the next few months and if not then, then definitely sometime within the next year. I praise God for people like you, who listen to His calling. Don't get discouraged, you are so building up treasures in Heaven. God bless you!
Post a Comment
<< Home