Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunday Worship

I went to Marmont this morning to do my lesson. Delores went to visit the church in Doko so I was on my own as far as language goes, but I am feeling a little more confident. We started just after 9:30 as planned and sang all our Bible storying songs. At 10:30 when we were on the last verse of the last song the leader came in. As usual he welcomed us and said we could start singing now even though we had been singing for an hour already. So we sang some other songs and prayed to start again. I got up to do my lesson and not long after I started a little boy started crying. No one paid any attention to me or the people who were reading Bible verses for me. Everyone kept staring at the mom and shaking their heads. Finally the mom got up and took her little one farther away. So it was easier to concentrate but I just had the feeling that no one was really into the lesson today like usual. They were pretty dead inside, not many testimonies or special songs. After church, I have to admit, that I was hurrying out because we always have people that come to church for a chance to talk to us about their medical problems and I, of course, am not a nurse, and Delores, of course, only wants to see the emergencies on Sunday. I felt silly though because at some point in the lesson they decided that we were going to go pray for the lady who lives there by the church and I had totally missed that. So here I was walking off and they were all calling me to come back. Whoops! But I did and joined in on the praying. Anyway, today just didn't feel very good to me. I wanted you to know a little about our typical service and at the same time give you an opportunity to pray for them. Pray that they would have a passion for God's word and an understanding of what the Bible tells us. Pray also that if they have questions they would dig in and ask and work through the things they don't understand. Church is the about the only chance they can do that because so few people read and can investigate themselves.

We did get a MUCH needed rain today and I praise God for that!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home