A Monday Morning
It is a beautiful Monday morning here in Haiti. It has been getting pretty hot in the day but usually cools off each afternoon with a good shower. For that I am greatful. It is much easier to sleep when it is cool outside. And I enjoy these cool mornings. I know it will warm up soon though. It's still early.
My ag class went fine. It was cut pretty short because we thought a rain was coming and we should get back to the house. I talked about planting on a contour and about composting. At least it got me one down so I will feel more comfortable next time. I should have my second one tomorrow.
Yesterday we baptized 12 people in a service here by our house. We had invited a few churches and so our little church here was full. It was nice to see it like that! I wish we could get it that full without inviting the other churches. We spent the first 2 hours singing. Haitians sure do love to sing. Then we had a short discussion and walked over to our house. We only had 4 or 5 robes so they had to change and put on the cold, wet robes but they didn't mind. They were all happy to be there and to be following through with the ordinance of baptism. Please pray for these 12 people that the Holy Spirit would fill their lives and they would seek the Lord as their Savior and best friend for eternity.
One bad thing is that our leader Jasmer didn't show up. Last week he didn't come because he was sick but I saw him Friday night and he was fine. Continue to remember him in prayer as Satan attacks with force in this country when things don't go his way.
Thursday night I got to make an emergency run to the hospital. (I was the driver not the patient!) A lady was in distressed birth. We were way out in the country on horses but I rode back home, got the truck and returned for the lady. I was really nervous because there were some muddy spots and, of course, it is always really rough. I had to go really slow so I wouldn't bounce the poor lady around so I couldn't get a running start through the mud. But I asked everyone to pray and they all started praying out loud. After that I had no problem getting there. Joslin went with me. I told him I didn't know whether I should be real easy or hurry. He said I was doing fine so I just kept going as gentle as I could. I heard Sunday that she had twin girls.
Thanks for keeping up with me and for all your prayers!

1 Comments:
Hi lindsey, I am really about to shoot myself. This is Logan Lloyd from way way back in the day in Upton. it turns out my dad and I just spent a week on the Dominican-Haitian border. Our home base was Jimani, DR, but we spent several days at the Eden Garden Orphanage in Montrouis, Haiti. I don't know how close you are to any of those places. I will be praying for you and all the work you are doing. my experience was incredible and I know yours will be much more than mine!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home