Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Update time...

Nothing too new to write about but I wanted to write anyway so you wouldn't start worrying about me! I am getting ready to go to Savan Plat to do an English class there. Our water project is at a stall and we have finished our leadership training with them and they were begging me to do an English class. We have had a full house about every week. We hope it will draw people and get them accostomed to the little church but apparently the attendance isn't very high on Sunday morning. Please pray for more people to be drawn to this little church and the very quiet, humble man who is leading the church.

Tomorrow is when we go to our 2 new areas. Right now we are just watching and helping. They are being led by some of our Haitian storiers. One is being done in conjunction with a Church of God church that wanted leadership and guidance on going out and starting small churches. The other area is hopefully a church plant and we are hoping a leader will come out of the training sessions.

A neat thing happened 2 nights ago. I turned off my lights to go to bed and I saw a lightening bug. Then I saw more and more. There was probably 20 or so in my room. It must have been mating time or something because they sure did put on a show. I felt like I was camping and watching the brightest stars ever in a meteor shower. But then I felt bad knowing they would probably die in my room and I would have to sweep them all up. Bugs are much better at getting in my room than out.

If you didn't know I celebrated my 23 birthday on Friday! Yep, I feel like I am getting old. I am finally starting to feel like an adult. I taught the English class that day about birthdays and shared some of the candy from the WOM group. Most Haitians around here don't know when their birthday is. They sometimes don't even know the year. They usually just start saying they are a year older at the beginning of each year. We had pizza, ice cream and cake here at the house. After my last 2 birthdays though I was glad for something quiet and uneventful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home