Wednesday, October 05, 2005

1 Year Anniversary:)

It’s hard to believe but tomorrow marks my 1 year anniversary with the IMB. It has been challenging at times but sooo good. Selfishly, the best part of has been the way God has spoken to me, revealed Himself to me and answered my prayers this last year, especially lately. Just last night in my journal I wrote “I am amazed and in love with my God.” His love for me is what gets me. A wise man told us missionaries that his prayer for us was that we would be able to stand in awe of our God and be amazed at the things He is doing around us. I rejoice that I have been able to do that this year.

I followed God, in faith, to a country I knew so little about. I had never even met a Haitian before accepting the position. But I trusted Him to give me a heart for these people to know Him. Since day one He has done that. I love the people around me and my heart aches for them to know Christ and His love and peace. So often I have heard “I admire you but I don’t envy you.” But I must tell you- I really do like it here. I like the slow pace of life, the good foods, the close friends and family. I like how everyone says “good morning, sister” or “good evening, sister” and asks how I am doing. And it makes me feel so good when, even though I am not leaving for a year, people tell me how they will “long for me” when I am gone and they hope I will come back someday. And I love being a missionary. I love that it’s my “job” to love on people and to teach them about my Lord and Savior.

No, it’s not that hard living here. What is hard is not being able to be home at the same time. All my traveling has taught me that, for this Kentucky girl, there is no place like home. But I praise the Lord every time I get homesick for giving me so much to miss! Being apart from people and things makes me appreciate them so much more. That is a blessing that will hopefully make me a better person when I am home. It also makes me appreciate all the missionaries who have gone before me without blogs and email. It’s always uplifting to get word from friends and family and to be able to continue on with relationships even across oceans. There is no place I would rather be than in the center of God’s will, but I wonder if I would have been as faithful as those early missionaries. I am kind of glad that I will never have to know.

I also couldn’t look back on this year without being grateful and feeling honored to be a part of the IMB and SBC. To me the IMB’s focus and methods are so good. Our training was a great and enriching experience. We are supported so faithfully by SBC churches both monetarily and by prayer. I am proud and love being a part of this organization.

My 1 year mark with probably pass with nothing too different. I will have my classes like every week. But I can’t say that it will be ordinary. Being a Christian for 14 years and a missionary for 1, has taught me that every day I walk with the Lord is special and extraordinary. I mean Elohim (the Creator) and El Shadday (the Lord Almighty) loves me so much that He cares about each step that my foot takes. Talk about amazing!

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 1 year anniversary!!!! YEAH!!! I can't believe it has been a year either?!?! It was good reading your entry- isn't it amazing to see how the Lord provides even when we can't understand how in the world He will do it- He still does! Love ya Lindsey!

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually envy your experiences.
Kara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home