Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mammy's thoughts on Haiti

I got permission from my Mammy to post an insert from an email she sent me with some of her thoughts about Haiti. It gives you a perspective other than mine.


Lindsey,

Glad you are safely back home from your trip to the DR. I can not begin to tell you how much our trip to see you means to me. First, it was wonderful to see you and to get to be with you for those days and to have a better understanding of what you do there. The people there were so kind to us, I love all of them. Sam, Delores and Tinana were wonderful to open their home to us and prepare those wonderful meals for us, I feel like I have always known them.

Almost all of our Sunday School Class today was me telling about our trip. I gave each of them a book marker, which they loved. I can't say what I liked best, I loved the 2 English classes we attended with you, those young men and Caroline are so eager to learn, hopefully, learning English will help them to better themselves and their families. The church service we attended was wonderful, somehow high on that mountain made me feel closer to God, what a beautiful setting. The people there were so cordial to us. One of them most humbling experiences was to Madame Janes's home that day for lunch. The meal was wonderful and to think they borrowed utensils, chairs and pillows to make us comfortable. The guys putting together the soccer game just for us was special also. Loved the trip to Hinche to the market, glad I do not have to do all of my shopping there, especially the meat market.

About my bed time so will say goodnight, and I will keep you and the people there in my prayers.

Love you very much,

Mammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home