The Rest of the Story...
Well, I mentioned in the last update that we had a couple sick and needed some prayers. But instead of things getting better they got a little worse. Monday night 3 of us were up sick. We think it was some chicken we had eaten for lunch. It didn't help me that I had been taking antibiotics and antinauseous medicine already for an inner ear problem. I was almost totally out of commission on Tuesday and Wednesday and am still dragging today. So I will have to miss our Thursday Bible study in Kou Kadishaw for 2 weeks in a row because of being sick. We were once again stepping on Satan's toes this week and he was using his book of tricks to stop us. But he couldn't.
Tuesday the group had a somber, good but reflective time, visiting and ministering to the people in the hospital and jail in Hinche. Neither is a very lovely place. I went along hoping I would feel better by the time we got there but I didn't so I slept in the truck while they were visiting.
Wednesday they went back to Kalabat for a VBS. Churches here don't do VBS type deals so the age range was tiny babies up to an old, old blind man. The adults have just as much fun with the crafts as the kids do and they all seemed to have a good time. I was able to go that morning and translate but I was so tired that I ended up back in the truck again before it was over. Wednesday afternoon they went and did a VBS with some kids in the area where Sam has been doing some road work. Then, that night the went and showed a film and had over 400 people come!
So even though Satan was fighting us, the group had a great experience and were able to leave their handprints behind on our people group and encouraged the York's and I in our work. They headed out this morning for PAP where they will spend one night before leaving for home. All the pictures that I posted today were from Susan's camera. Once again, it was so hard to choose which ones to post! There were so many good ones and I appreciate her for sharing them with me.
Thanks for the prayers lifted up for us!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home