Back in Trinidad
I had a great 3 weeks at home. It went by way too fast. I got to spend a lot of time with my family and friends but I still wasn't able to see everyone or do everything that I missed! The weather was awesome! It was one of the warmest Decembers ever which turned out good for me. I wanted it to be really, really cold since I have been in summer weather continually for 3 years now! But I didn't realize that sometime between last Christmas and this Christmas my blood thinned, or something, that got me adapted to hot weather. It was 55 degrees outside and I felt like a popsicle sometimes. So I am glad that it wasn't any colder. It also made it great weather for repelling which I got to do twice, running around and not having to worry about slick roads.
I posted several pictures below from my time at home. They include Christmas at Grandma's, repelling and hanging out with friends in Bowling Green. I hope that you like them. I had a lot more pictures but chose some of my favorites.
Other than that I got to go to a little surprise party in my honor, have prime rib Christmas dinner at Mammy and Harry's, antique shop, visit an old college roommate, see some new movies, spend a small fortune shopping, ate way, way too much:), listen to 3 friends play their music onstage, play the spoons game twice, speak at my church in my sari, go to a Cottrell reunion, get a new tooth (it broke 2 Octobers ago!) and the list goes on and on and on...
Now, after another long delay in immigration, I am back in Trinidad- at least, for a month! Yes, I had some problems and was only granted a temporary visa for a month. It'll take more paperwork, which I hate, but I think we'll be able to work things out. To this point though I must say that I dread Trinidad's immigration! It was way different coming into Haiti. They never gave me in trouble and my visa was always expired. But you can hardy compare these two countries. I can think of one thing they do have in common though sadly enough. A week after I left a lady that lives just a quarter of a mile from me was kidnapped upon arriving at her house. Her husband paid the ransomed but there is another ransom demand now and she hasn't yet been released. People are being more careful around here, including myself. But she was CEO of a major grocery store and I am a missionary living on a stipend... I am trying to finds the balance between being safe and understanding the dangers without sacrificing too much. I won't give up running but I'll pay more attention to the times and places I go.
I guess that's about all for now. Please be praying for the cricket ministry as we work to get things together these next two months before the first guests arrive.

1 Comments:
Loved all the pictures! Sure glad you had a good time when you were home. We sure loved having you.
With Love, Mammy
Post a Comment
<< Home