Trouble with the blog page...
Today was a really good day at church. I feel more relaxed about doing my classes at church and don't need to spend as much time preparing. I am not afraid to leave my little lesson plan either. If a question comes to mind I go ahead and ask it instead of worrying about if I can get it out right and understand the answers. This is a huge praise to God. I can take little credit because I have been a slacker lately when it comes to language. I am not working as hard as I once was. Today's class was on the church. We talked about Christ as the head, believers as the body, the 5 functions- discipleship, outreach, worship, service and fellowship, and the rights and obligations we have- baptism, the Lord's supper and tithes and offerings. After the service we had 2 people go up front to accept Jesus. One was Madam Leonel, the lady I lived with for a month. The other was Eliman, our housekeeper who accepted Jesus when the group was hear last week. So that was very exciting. For Easter next week we are going to do the Lord's Supper and baptize 5. The five we are baptizing include the 2 new Christians, plus Edlin and Edna's mom and brother that I had written of, and another believer from a Catholic background who has been very excited and inquisitive about the Bible and the things we are learning. At the end of the service we also had a recognition for the older lady who owns the church property and is has signed a contract offering the land to the church. So we have a good demonstration of the things we learned today. This morning in my prayer time I asked God to help me and thought of the verse where Jesus says like the father who will not give his child a stone if he asks for bread but will give even more than he asks. God did that for me today and gave me even more than I could have hoped for for today's lesson. Thank you for praying for me in this too!
I wanted everyone to know about that. Hopefully I will get my pictures up soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home