Friday, March 04, 2005

Moving along...

Sorry I don't have any new pictures for you. I've been a little lazy taking my camera with me. I guess that means the newness is wearing off. But I am sure I will still find plenty of things to take pictures of.

This promises to be a busy week as we have 12 people coming in from North Carolina and 2 from good ol' Glasgow, KY. I won't have much computer time with that many people here but I will be sure and get a good update hopefully in the middle of the week and once again as everyone goes home. I didn't get my mail as I had hoped yesterday but there is a chance I will get it today plus a bunch of stuff Dad got to one of the guys in Glasgow. I feel so blessed that he was willing and able to carry a bunch of extra stuff we needed. Anything from home will be exciting!

I am working on my lesson for the church in Marmont for this coming Sunday. Continue to pray for this group that they will get the real truth about the good news that Christ offers us. To me, Christ is freedom. To them Christ must seem like a bunch of rules. The law is to make us aware of our sins and how we could never live up to God's standards. But to them the law is something they think they need to follow. When I try to think like them I just wind up feeling confused. So prayer for CLARITY and UNDERSTANDING. Thanks for praying last week. It means so much to know that I am not alone in this pursuit.

Sam and Delores got to take little "Eddy" home on Wednesday morning. We thought it was a good sign that he was fussy the whole way home. Before he didn't have the energy to be fussy. I look forward to visiting to him in the weeks to come, ministering to them and sharing God's love. We truly want Gran to know that he is only alive because of prayer and God's healing.

Last night I went to Edna and Edlin's house. It wasn't what I had in mind but I think it turned out okay. I wanted to just go and read the Bible to the family since all the kids are new Christians. I asked Edna to ask her mother if this was okay and she said yes and was very excited. Before I went they kep saying they wanted me to come and pray for their mom. I felt a little weird about this but was willing. With their ties in voodoo and magic I didn't want her to things prayers were like magic. We got the feeling that maybe she was waiting to see if God was going to answer her prayers she would believe in him but if not then it must be false. But I don't think that God wants to be tested like that. But I left to go and would just see what happened. I sat down and started to read from the beginning of Matthew and the birth of Christ. Mom was listening and kept saying "Amen, Amen." They say that when you are done reading so I kept thinking "Does she want me to stop?" I asked if I could continue and she said yes so I read for a few chapters. But the weird thing is that all the kids left as soon as I started reading. I had wanted to read for them. But they wanted me to read for their mom and she isn't yet "converted" (that is the term they use). At this same time Kathy walked up. It isn't far from our house and she decided she wanted to come too. This was good because Mom was asking me all these health questions. I had an idea of the problem but was glad for some support in my answers. I keep having to tell people "I AM NOT A NURSE." Everywhere I go people are showing me their bad eyes, hurt toes, you name it. Anyway, Matino a neighbor walked up. He saw Kathy looking for me and wanted to make sure she made it all right. Matino is a super nice guy. I had wanted him to share his testimony with Mom because his wife was waiting until she got better to "convert" and she died. Matino was waiting with her but once she died he didn't loose faith but waited no longer and then became a Christian. He did a great job of getting his testimony. He is very animated and had a lot of passion. So that was really great. God was good to send them both my way. Mom decided that she was ready to become a Christian but she wanted to wait until Delores could come and pray with her. I told her she didn't need her to pray with her but if she felt more comfortable I imagined Delores would do that. (Sorry that was so long. I know only the most dedicated people would take time to read that so thank you!)

I hope that you all have a great weekend. Pray for a safe, healthy week for everyone who's coming and that they would be full of the spirit and God's leading during their week here.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think about you and pray for you all the time. I just got through opening your site at school and printing it for Ann Knight because she said she loves hearing what you are doing. She said she didn't get to the Sunday night service where your dad shared and caught everyone up on what you were doing. So there is one other family to keep you in their prayers. Love you, Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home