Friday, April 08, 2005

Dwelling in Safety

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Janine, who is Edlin, Edna, and Son-Son's mom, and one of our recent converts came over this morning and I helped her find and memorize this verse in Creole. She was sick and had seen a witchdoctor before her conversion. They owe him a lot of money. Her "man" is working for us to pay off the witchdoctor but has a long way yet to go. The witchdoctor has recently started threatening to reverse the spell and make her sicker if they don't pay him soon. She has seemingly relapsed and has typhoid again so this has made her very scared. She doesn't sleep well at night. (Her "man" insists it is the baptism that made her sick, getting in the cold dirty water.)

We read this verse to memorize and also read Psalm 139, 141 and 142. Sometimes verses seem strange and we wonder how they would ever apply to us. Rarely are we chased by evil enemies and have no hope to go on. But to someone else the same verse is a life string and wills them on in the deepest of troubles. Millions of people all over the world are persecuted, beaten, jailed for their faith. When we read verses that don't seem relevant to us may we praise God for allowing us to live in a free nation and have wonderful, free lives. Then may we lift up those people who are being persecuted and are in chains for their faith in the one true God.

Janine isn't nesseccarily being persecuted for her faith but she does feel she is under persecution and maybe for the first time in a long time she will look forward to a peaceful night without fears. Include her in your prayers and ask her faith would become stronger during this time of trials for her and that God would deliver her from her fears and protect her from evil.

I havn't updated much lately, I know. For the last couple weeks I was having something itching me we thought it was a fungus but now we can see it is most likely a contact allergy. My eyes are swollen and my neck, ears hand and eyes are very itchy and sore. I havn't slept well the last few nights because I itch so bad so I am tired during the day as well as itchy. Please pray that I would remain faithful in my discomfort and that we can soon figure out what is causing this and help me get over it!

I didn't go to Savanne Plat today. But I did get some work done on my seed projects. I am writing Creole guides to go with the seeds I will soon start passing out.

  1. Pray that I would have knowledge in this area where I am not an expert and pray that the seeds would grow abundantly and would provide these people with the nutrition they need.
  2. Pray also that this project would make a "Kingdom Difference" and people will see God's heart in each gift.
  3. Since supplies are limited pray that whenever we give anything out it can go to the people who need it most, that nothing will be wasted and that people won't get jealous if left out.
  4. Continue to pray for my Creole that it would not be a barrier and I wouldn't be afraid to use it even when I don't sound perfect.

Thanks to all who pray faithfully for me and my people group! I couldn't do it without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home