Yikes, I am a little late on getting my weekly update up. Since we do have satellite TV we have been able to keep up with the news on Katrina's devastation. It is pretty unbelievable and my heart really goes out to those people. To reassure you- the hurricanes don't bother us where we live much because of the mountain ranges that are on either side of us. It is still raining almost each afternoon but the ground either soaks it up or it washes right out to the rivers or oceans. The roads get muddy but I don't mind riding horses.
Tuesday I had my second ag class with this new group. It is going really well. We had 16 adults there and some kids. This week we started by reading John 15 the parable and of the vine. We discussed it and talked about what it meant to remain on the vine and to produce good fruit. Then we continued on to discuss growing tomatoes. We always open and close with prayer and they have really been open to discussing scripture at the begining of class. They help me out on words I don't know and when everyone is asking questions if someone else knows the answer they will go ahead and answer for me which I am thankful for. I have been going by myself so I havn't made in pictures of this group. In fact, the only pictures I made this week was of a homemade peanut sheller and a HUGE, ugly bug that was in my room last night.
The guy that has been coming over teaching me and a few others how to graft the last couple weeks just came back. I hope he doesn't think I need another class! He treats me like I am about 5. But he was amazed last week with what I remembered. They all laughed out how smart the American was because my grafts looked better than his.
I hope that you are all going to have a beautiful weekend!
Lindsey

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home