Friday, October 14, 2005

Headed to PAP...

We will be leaving for Port au Prince in a couple hours. Delores and I are flying there for a women's retreat with other missionaries from Haiti. We are looking forward to the fellowship and to worshiping in English this Sunday.

A neat thing happened on Tuesday. I was ready to leave for my ag class but Josner, from our church in Marmont, wasn't here. I had asked him to teach them how to do grafting. That is an important thing to know in Haiti because a grafted tree can be producing fruit in 2 years where a planted tree can take up to 10 years. They, of course, have lots of fruit trees- mango, avocado, lemon, orange. I was dissappointed but couldn't wait any longer so I went on and left. I had a little something prepared in case he didn't show up but I was really planning on him coming. I had barely left the house when I ran into Janes who had walked the 10 miles or so into Hinche and was on his way back. He also knows how to graft but lived farther than Josner. So I stopped and asked him if he could help me out and go to my class with me. He was happy to. I knew he hadn't eaten so we stopped at the corner to get him a little food and then went to my class. Even though he was unprepared he did a good job and the people were really excited to start learning about this. Janes thinks it will take them about 5 weeks to learn this. I felt a little humbled in knowing how well "my" ag class will go without me doing the lesson. But that's okay! It's not really "my" class after all but the Lord's, of course. I was greatful for his provision for that day and for the day's to come.

Today will be the first chronological storying class in the area of this ag class. Pray that many would be dedicated to coming and learning about God's word and His plan for our lives. Pray for Belton, our Haitian leader, as he has been having a lot of stomach pains lately. Pray the Lord would heal him for His glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home