Friday, April 21, 2006

Too long...

It seems that I let time slip away and havn't written lately. Things are going well. Yesterday I made the trip to La Kwa and then on to Kou Kadishaw. We (Shadrack, Josner and I) are going to La Kwa every other week since it is so far. We don't have very many people coming but numbers aren't always important. The people here don't know us, nor Sam and Delores, and maybe are weary. Maybe they just need time for word of mouth to spread and for more people to be invited. So pray for this area that has little Evangelistic influence. Voodoo and Catholicism have a huge impact in this area.

Kou Kadishaw is going to be having their first church service this Sunday. I was kinda proud that we actually got kicked out of the clinic where we were meeting and had to move places! (It actually wasn't a big deal.) We met under a huge mango tree with lots of big branches for sitting. Attendance has been pretty good the last few weeks but we are still almost all female. Our guys are in high school. Erna is a young woman who has been to every single class since October except one when her little boy was sick and has really been growing spiritually. She is going to be leading, or organizing, the service.

Today is another election day in Haiti so we have been working around the house. I spent all morning welding. I quit not long after lunch, though. It was getting pretty hot being outside with all the extra heat of the welding and my hood. Plus, Tinana and I are both taking medicine for malaria. She had been sick and tested positive on Thursday. I realized I was having a lot of the same symptoms so Delores said I might as well start too. Hopefully, we'll be back in top form in no time.

Easter was bittersweet I guess. It is Easter and I have the Risen Lord to praise and be thankful for. But I was saddened that there weren't more people in church then there where. And, of course, I missed being at my church and with my family on Easter. But I had less distractions and was able to reflexion on the holiday.

We are looking forward to having groups come again! We got the okay to allow people to come starting May 1st. Things are really going smoothly here politically and socially. And my parents, sister and grandmother have their tickets and passports to come in the middle of June. I am looking forward to that- seeing them and sharing my work and country.

Hope you are all having a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home