Monday, July 31, 2006

Kara sent me this picture and I thought it was funny. Somtimes teaching English you have to look like a dork. I don't remember her taking this but I can imagine that I was going "th, th, th..." Haitians don't have "th" in their language so I am always helping them with that difficult sound. They tend to make an "f" sound. I have to show them how to put their tongue between their teeth. Anyway, this is the Monday afternoon class that I do at our house. I started it when the kids got out of school for the summer. We usually have class in our depot because it is the coolest place but we are about to out grow it. So far we have been learning special verses and songs as our curriculum. A couple Sundays in church I heard a song I hadn't heard in Creole before. I thought, "Hey, I know that one!" It was "All in All." So I looked it up in English and taught it to them. They loved it. It started raining on this day so they couldn't leave. We just sang and sang until the rain quit.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look really skinny! Probably not the average comment, but I thought you'd like to know. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home