Sunday, September 24, 2006

The good-byes have started!

I hate saying good-bye. And I hate being sappy. That made my class in Thomonde a little awkward for me. It wasn't even my last class. I had brought my video camera so that they could each have a turn reading or speaking in English for the camera. Next week I am going to take the generator and projector so that we can watch a movie and have a little party. I thought since I was already bringing all the stuff they could benefit from seeing and hearing themselves on camera. Somehow, them speaking into the camera turned into giving sappy, emotional speeches for Lindsey. At least by video taping I had something to do so I wasn't just sitting there smiling. They were very sincere and it was really sweet and I was touched. I am just not used to having a fuss made over me. I prefer to serve rather than be served. So it was quite humbling. Since I have it on video maybe some of you will get to watch clips of it someday.

Today was my actual last Sunday to go to church in Marmont. I wanted to save Kou Kadishaw for my very last week. I brought 2 cakes and 3 gallons of juice to share after the service. Everyone enjoyed that. I also brought my guitar and some of the kids sang "All in All" in Creole and then I sang "I Want to Know You More" in Creole for them. They love it when I bring my guitar. We had around 34 at church. Thankfully, no one got too sappy or tearful and no one gave any long speeches about me! They just let me know that I would be missed.

So the good-byes are starting but I still have lots more to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home