Friday, September 01, 2006

Inspired Prayer

Wednesday in my morning prayer time I was really called to pray for safe travel to Savan Plat. I've been taking the truck lately so that some older teenage guys could go with me and the roads have been good so I haven't had any problems. But I still felt a need to pray for safe travel.

The guys were here early and I was ready so we left about 20 minutes before I actually needed to. We were hardly out of the yard when the radio, then air, then engine quit. We got out, yelled for Sam to come and opened the hood. It was smoking and one of the battery posts (where the cable connects to the battery) was completely melted- there was nothing there.

I was so touched that I could just feel God's presence there with me. I knew that He had called me to prayer that morning so that I would see the difficulty not as a frustrating problem, but an example of His goodness. We were blessed that we were barely out of the driveway for one, and that nothing more serious happened, like the engine catching on fire.

We changed batteries and some cables and were on our way again. Class is suppose to start at 2:00 pm and I shut the engine off in Savan Plat at 1:59:58 and hadn't had to rush at all. God is so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home