Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Saris


Lindsey with sari
Originally uploaded by lindseyinhaiti.
So, the other day I bought a really pretty brown sari with jewels sown on it. I brought it to my Indian friend Helen's house so that she could "wrap me up" so that I could take a picture for you. I came to find out that "these days" they tailor their saris to make them easier to put on. Helen explained to me how to do that and let me borrow her sari to try on and then take home to use as a pattern to make my own. I am not sure if I want to make a real sari with my pretty fabric though. I mean, how many times will I actually wear a sari? The fabric may better be used as a bedspread or shower curtain or something. I'll have to think about that one. I don't know if you can tell but Arona, Helen's daughter, loaned me some jewels for my forehead. And I am standing in he kitchen where she insisted on serving me stewed fish even though I had just eaten (but it was good).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home