My Apple Made Me Cry and Other Happenings
Yeah, that's right. I like my new MacBook a lot. And everyone I talk to loves theirs as well. But Sunday mine made me cry! I was already feeling sick with a sore throat and headache. We got home from church and my MacBook was having some problems- I won't go into that. So anyway, I got on the phone to Apple Support and was on the phone (internationally, remember) for 47 minutes when I finally got to talk to a technician who could help me. But when I mentioned I was in Trinidad he immediately said that he couldn't help me and he had to get off the phone! Even if my protection coverage is based in the US they can't help me if I am not there physically! I was so frustrated it made me cry! I gave up, and watched a movie to take my mind off things. I tried the next morning and found a simple way to get it fixed. So I am relieved that it works and I don't have to do anything else! But that wasted several hours of my time. Well, at least I know what to do if it happens again.
Wednesday was a good day. G and B started a Bible study at the home of our Muslim friends Z and S*. They were dissappointed at the turn-out but we were pretty pleased! There were 17 there not including us. 9 of them are from Muslim backgrounds. We discussed "the fall" and man's sin. G has decided we need to stick with that topic for another week. They had a lot of questions and we think we need to cover it a little more in depth.
Last night we went to the same home for supper. It was really good! I ate the whole meal with my fingers just like they did. And that includes rice and sauce. We had lamb that was really good! After the meal everyone who hadn't already seen my Haiti pictures got a chance to look at them and we played on my computer. They loved my GoogleEarth which allowed me to show me their home as well as our own. We also had fun taking pictures with funny effects from my built-in camera! This family really does seek to follow God and His rules. But they don't know His Son. Pray that this would happen, that truth would be shown to them!
Tomorrow morning I am flying to Miami. I am going to meet with the others who are working with the Cricket project on Thursday. Then I am flying back on Friday and preparing for a meeting on Saturday I hope. I haven't talked to the pastor in charge of my Saturday meeting. Calling him is on my list of things to do today. This all makes me feel very much like an adult! I guess I am one but sometimes I forget:) Please keep my travels and meetings in your prayers.
If there was anything else I needed to write about I can't remember what it was so that's all for now!
*From now on I am going to be using initials and being careful about my pictures for security purposes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home