Sunday, December 19, 2004

What a Sunday!

Today was interesting. Delores, Tinana and I took off on our horses this morning to go to church. It took us a little less than an hour to get there. The church was the first one the missionaries started but it lost almost everyone do to some divisions. Please be in prayer for this church for renewel and for a leader who will stick with scipture and convey it effectively. I couldn't understand but Delores said he was all over the Bible and didn't make a lot of sense.

After church we took off for home and later realized we were lost. We followed all these little trails and it is so easy to forget which way to turn. So we were asking people and they were leading us in the wrong direction. We finally found a nice guy to show us the way. He was on a bike and he rode in front of us till we were close to the house and knew the rest and the way. It took us over 2 hours to get home. Tinana was riding with me. Part of the time she rode behind me and the other time I held her. By the time we got home my arms were quivering and I was a little sore from sitting 2 in a saddle. But we've been home 3 hours and I'm not sore any more. But everyone within 15 miles will probably hear about the blancs getting lost!

By the time we got home it was 2:15. Our english class was already underway. We grabbed lunch then went to help with the english and play some more baseball. I tried to video tape but my battery was dead. Next time I will be ready. It is hilarious. They all have great arms, even the little girls but they are having a hard time learning to bat and the rules of the game. It is a lot of fun and laughs. We had 5 older guys and 4 little girls plus Sam and I.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Maria---
Well, it was quite cold and snowy today as we traveled to and from church---and we didn't get lost! LOL
We had a nice service today. Several of us went caroling tonight after the dessert auction, and then some of us took some of the kids bowling. It was a nice, full day.
Always praying . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home