Alive and well...
I just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive and well. Living with the Haitian family is proving to be very boring. They just sit around and talk- ALL DAY. And since I can't understand them anyway, I just sit there. But the food is pretty good. They seem to cook especially for me though. No one really eats together. It's not really a concept they have here. Few people eat at tables, just the dirt ground. The kids all run around naked so they won't get their clothes dirty. Luckily, Sam and Delores are still letting me run around with them to classes or what-not. Today we rode horses all day to check some wells and visit some people. I feel like I know a little Creole every once in a while but when I listen to the family talk I can hardly catch a single word. Please continue to pray for me as I pick up a little more Creole each day. I want the family to enjoy me and be glad I'm there and not be a burden to them and I want to be able to get to know them better. Thank you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home