An Update on the People I've Met
This week I have seen some of the people that I had written about in the past and I thought that you all might like a little update.
Panama, the man who was burned in his house fire, came over the other day. He is healing slowly but his hands and arms are still not well. I don't know if they ever will be. He was telling me that his affairs where not good as he could not work and wondered if there was anything I could do for him. Delores caught a couple ducks to give him. I gave him some plantains that someone else had given me. His fingernails were really yucky so I got out the toenail clippers and clipped his fingernails for him. I need to talk to him about church. I am not sure if he has joined a church since becoming a Christian. Continue to keep him in your prayers.
I ran into my old buddy Edlin at the market Tuesday. I told her to go to church in Mount Ti No Nom Sunday since it is near their house and I could go and see her brother and sister. (I don't remember if I wrote about it but while I was at home all the kids had gone to the hospital with their mom to be checked out. While they were gone, this family, who has nothing, was robbed! So they had moved in with some other family members farther away.) Well, Edna came but her brother SonSon was sick. He had been since at least Tuesday when I saw Edlin at the market. Of course, they don't have a garden since they had to move and don't have any jobs. So they aren't doing real well either.
This stories represent just a couple of the people that I see everyday. Everyone around here has similiar stories. People always greet each other with "How are you?" But rarely, rarely will anyone ever reply with "good" or "fine". Even the little bitty kids know that the common answer is "Pa pi mal." That means "Not worse." I confess is hard to see this evevryday. Sure, I could give them a couple bucks to help them out when I can, or some food. But it would be gone in a second and they are in the same spot they were before. And there are a lot of people in Haiti. The only thing I can do is offer them hope. Tell them about Jesus. Let them know they are loved and cared for and that they have a glorious home waiting for them in heaven if they accept Him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home