Monday, January 16, 2006

It's Not About Me

That's what I have been learning this week. I have been chronologically storying through the Bible in Kou Kadishaw since I got back in July. It has been long and up-and-down but most days are really good. It is my favorite class because I am getting to do what all missionaries want to do- teach the Bible with no pretenses of other topics for the class. Here we are with only 2 lessons left- the last supper and Jesus death and resurrection on the cross- the climax. But it looks like we may have to leave for PAP on Thursday morning so I will miss the last 2 classes. I have been looking forward to these lessons for a long time. So it makes me sad that I can't be there.

I really want to trust the Haitians leaders but at this point they havn't been proving themselves. They pretty much never prepare in advance and I think it really shows. The people comment on their lack of seriousness or commitment. I try to work really hard and be prepared but I miss for my vacations and meetings. Plus, I really do want the Haitian guys to do it. Their language is better, their cultural awareness is better and they know the people and will still be here in 10 years. So this is a frustrating lesson to have to go through.

I met with the 2 guys today and shared the stories we need to do and what needs to be reviewed. I also gave them some neat craft crosses to decorate that Elizabethtown Christian Academy sent me. I hate that I won't be able to do this with them and it was hard handing everything over and trusting them. I guess I am sort of a control freak. So be in prayer for the class- that things would go on without me just fine and that I can get over some of my pride in wanting to do things my way. I know that God doesn't need me to work for Him as much as He allows me to be used and that He can provide in my absense but it is scary.

We are heading to PAP to catch an airplane to go to the Domincan Republic for a week of meetings. The meetings are techincally for the strategy coordinators, but the bosses don't want to leave me here the way things are going in the country, so I get to tag along. I am looking forward to it even if I will miss my classes. Please be in prayer for safe travel and that the meetings would go smoothly and we would get a clear vision of what our strategy needs to be in the future to have as much impact as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home