It's a Hot One...
Yeah, I couldn't think of any other title for today. But it is clear that winter is over in Haiti (if we even had one). It has been hot, hot the last couple days. It was 92 degrees today. So I know that you all, in KY at least, are suffering through some cold weather but enjoy it! I would love for you to send a little cold my way. Some people like this kind of weather but I sure miss my seasons!
I set aside today for prayer. I have decided to just go to Savan Plat on Wednesdays instead of both Wednesdays and Fridays. I was feeling God telling me to move on but wasn't sure where to go. I have been praying about it this morning. I was thinking how it would be good if I could travel out on the weekends and stay overnight somewhere. I would be able to go farther than if I had to be somewhere and back in a day. We are finding that many of the places within a days reach are already "churched". We want to be moving on to the edge of lostness, where there are no churches. But one problem for me is a traveling partner. I really need a national partner to go with me but all the ladies my age are married or have kids. So I really need for God to send me the right person.
I think that what I will do next Friday is start in a area called La Kwa. It is on the other side of Kou Kadishaw (where I do my Thurdsday classes) and farther than where we have been before. We are finding out that many of the people in Kou Kadishaw are "churched", or they have a church that is close enough if they want to go. (But I am still going to finish my course of classes that I am doing with them. Yesterday I had 22 at my class.) My first week all I really want to do is find it and kind of survey the area- see what is going on and see if God leads me to any special person who could be my "man of peace" like Lydia was to Paul. Then I can make an assesment and see if I should try to go back and start something or keep looking. I believe that this area is close enough that once I found my paths I could get there within a couple hours by horseback but I don't know. So pray with me that I really am moving in the right direction. Pray for a travelling partner and a man of peace. Pray especially for spiritual discernment for me as I start to map out my last months here. I really want to make a difference. It is always easier to stay inside my comfort zone where I already know people and am content. But that may not be where I can have the biggest influence. May I not grow complacent but continually seeking what is best.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home