Satan's Playground
I guess I had to expect that playing in Satan's playground wouldn't always be fun. Thursday we showed our film in Kou Kadishaw and had a pretty good crowd there. During the film I sat and played with a 7 month old baby that often comes with it's grandma to classes on Thursday and church on Sunday. She is a pretty little thing and was smiling and happy.
Yesterday I got a note brought to me. Notes usually aren't good things to get around here. If people need to ask for something they often bring a note. This note said that this little baby girl had died "during" the film. That confused me because she was just fine. But the guys that brought me the note said that it was the next morning, they went out to the garden and came back and she was dead. Eliman, our housekeeper, said that it was when they woke up, they found her dead. So I am not sure about the details but sometime between watching a film about the Bible and the next morning this little one went on to be with God. At home we wouldn't associate the film with the death. But here where voodoo and superstitions often reign I am kind of scared about what the repercussions of this death will be.
We had just started having services a month ago there. And she was the only baby who regularly comes. This is in an area where no men come to the classes or services and none of the women want to be baptized for fear of what their husbands will do. Please continue in prayer for this area. Pray that Satan would not be able to snatch up this little church because of this incident. Pray that the Lord will triumph and the believers will be comforted rather than scared and would remain faithful. Also, in my letter they were asking to borrow money (for the funeral and casket). They had borrowed already from someone they didn't know and wanted to borrow from me to pay them back. I told the guys I would talk with the family on Thursday about this. So pray that the Lord would direct me in what to do in this situation. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The rest of the weekend went by okay. I had a cold and sore throat so I tried to take it easy and I am feeling much better now. Saturday was interesting in that Kathy and I had a flat tire on the way back from Thomonde in the truck and Delores ran out of gas in the 4-wheeler in Sapate 2. But we all eventually made it back safe and sound. Sunday I had promised to play guitar in church and sing with Kerolin and Tinana. That was the first time I had done that and it was fun. We may take our act on the road:)
Tomorrow is La Kwa and then Kou Kadishaw. Last time I was so tired during the trip. Pray that God would give Shadrack and I both endurance especially considering we have both been sick. And pray that God would either draw more people to the class in La Kwa or give us knowledge about another place to go. It is a long trip to make for just a couple of people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home