This Week's Happenings
Today's prayerwalk class didn't go as good as last weeks. We only had 7 there. Some where sick some were at another class, etc. Even Shadrack, the Haitian leader I work with wasn't there. It just seems like as soon as things start to go well things start happening to push them back again. Gerta and her cousins still can't come apparently. It is just sad. So I did the prayerwalking lesson I had planned but I told them to try and find someone to prayerwalk with before Sunday and I would ask them how it went at church. Please pray for this group that they would be encouraged and that the people who had such interest before wouldn't give up but continue growing in their faith.
We had a good English class in Savan Plat yesterday though. We had studied last week about Jesus calling Simon Peter to be a fisher of men. It was a pretty hard lesson with lots of new words and I thought this week we could review it and present it as a play. We had a lot of fun and they got really into it. We had a fishing net in the depot and so I brought it as our prop. They enjoyed casting it out and pulling it in. Then, I wanted them to have some new material so we learned 1 Timothy 4:12 and sang "This Little Light of Mine". I hadn't really thought before hand about how it would all tie together but I managed to wrap it up really nicely and bring everything together. We talked about how, even as young people, we are called to bring Christ's light to people around us in the things that we do and say and the way we live our lives. So it was an encouraging class.
Pray also that for these last 12 weeks that I would be able to remain focused on my task and determined to make the biggest impact I can. This will be a constant prayer I am sure. It's not that I am that ready to leave, I am just ready to be back in Kentucky for a while and the people and things I left behind there. I sure miss it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home