Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Tuesday's Ag Class and God's Provision

“M’a fè peyi nou an kanpe ankò.”

“I will make your county stand again.” This is God’s promise to His people in the book of Jeremiah. It is also His promise to Haitians for their country. This was in the verses that God had given me to read with my ag class and it seemed to mean a lot to them to know that God was working for good for their country even though they might not be able to see it. God does have a plan for Haiti.

When praying for my ag class yesterday morning I was praying that Janes would arrive safely and on time so that he could continue with his grafting lessons. I could kind of feel God saying “Now, Lindsey, I will provide for your class today but it may not be in the way that you expect me to. Just relax and enjoy the ride.” I though “uh, oh.” Sure enough 1:55 came. It is a 10-15 minute drive to my class which starts at 2. No Janes and I couldn’t wait much longer so I went on.

We started with the scripture, which was so good. Then I did a little learning skit from a book that I had brought just in case. And we answered the questions that went with the lesson. That took about 15 minutes. “Now what?” I thought. Belton, the same one that leads Bible classes with us, offered to run to his house and get his notes from grafting. He had learned the same time I did here at the house. He copied them to the board and taught the class. I don’t know if he got everything right but we did have a good class. We even went out and had a few practice grafts. Usually I have a couple “clock watchers” and they are ready to go not long after 3. But yesterday we went until almost 4 and no one said anything. We really had a good time and laughed more than usual. I don’t always feel really comfortable with all those guys but I did yesterday. Even when I slid down a hill on my backside rather than my feet I just laughed and we moved on! So it really turned out to be a good class even though I didn’t know what we were going to do. Thankfully, God knew. It has been neat to see how God has been working just in the little details of that class. It makes me feel like He appreciates my effort and obedience in doing something that I know I am unqualified for! In my weakness He is able to show His strength. Amen?!

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear about experiences like this. It helps the rest of us trust Him all the more. It seems that trusting God is the small things can be harder that trusting him with the big things. Your story is encouraging in that (though it may have been a big thing for you.) Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home