Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Quick Update

We decided to leave for PAP on Sunday instead of Thursday. So I'll be here until then and be here for my class on Thursday. We will run our errands on the back side of our trip so we will return on the 30th probably.

We just had a lady come up to our house and she showed us her breast. I don't really know how to describe it but I can smell it from in here and she is outside the window. She thought she just bumped it a couple months ago and it is getting worse rather than healing. But Delores says that it's advanced cancer.

We also had a teenage guy here this morning who is not right in his head. We had a conversation where I understood almost nothing he said. He was mixing Creole, Spanish and English which I should have understood but couldn't. He isn't very old, younger than me. He was in boxers and a tank top and it was still chilly this morning when he stopped me. He was friendly enough but I soon realized that Sam and Delores had told me about this guy a few weeks ago because they took him to the hospital. That day he was biting and kicking and had to be tied down. I kept looking over my shoulder for the rest of my run/walk but he didn't follow me. He came and sat on our swing for a while and then went and climbed in the truck. It was pretty strange.

We all need to be in prayer for our neighbors and those we come in contact with each day. Not just in Haiti where the stories seem stranger- but everywhere because everyone has problems of some variety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home