Monday, January 16, 2006

Well, I was really aiming to take some more pictures this week to keep my blog interesting but I am afraid this is all I got. The kids know that after we finish class on Thursdays whoever is going my way gets a ride on the horse while I lead them. Including these 3 girls, I gave rides to 6 kids Thursday. The other 3 were little boys. I just had one at a time so I pulled them up and let them sit behind me. One kid was making me laugh because he had this huge knife and when he was climbing up he kept slinging it and it was a little close for comfort. So when he got down I held it for him. These kids have a lot of trust in me. When I go to Savan Plat I often pick up a Haitian teenage girl (the one I gave the Bible to). Last week was strange because instead of sitting behind the saddle like she usually does she sat in the saddle with me! That is a good example of personal space differences. She didn't think much of it but boy were we close- like little sardines.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home