Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Prayer and Praise

Woo hoo! Praise the Lord. We have internet again! Yesterday Delores and I made an all day trip to track down the one man that could help us get up and running again. He is a busy guy but we happened to catch him at home with a cold. He was nice enough to get out of bed and a couple hours later had our modem up and running again. We are so happy to be back in touch again.

I want to share a big request with you. Yesterday just before we left Michlin (Mish-leen) or Madame Pierre came and told us that her little girl Kimberly was very sick. I havn't written much about Doko lately but if it wasn't for Michlin, Doko would probably have died out a couple months ago. But she continued to be faithful and her and Delores would take prayer walks and visit people and encourage them to come to church. Now the church is back up to 30 or 40 people a week. To me, Kimberly's sickness is an attack of Satan. When things aren't going well he has no reason to attack but when things are going well he gets angry. Kimberly is just 7 years old, a little baptized believer. She got a bad cut 2 weeks ago and now has tetanus. She was shaky and jerking when we picked her up. Half-way to Hinche she had a full seizure. It was pretty scary to all of us. Even with good care in the states people who get tetanus don't have good chances to make it. So I want us to knock down heaven's doors for this little girl. I want her to make it and get better so that God can triumph over Satan and get the glory. But if it is not in his plan to save her I can only pray that He would make it fast because this is a very painful disease. I know that God can heal her though, and I pray that He will. Pierre, Michlin's "husband", is away trying to work in the Domincan Republic right now so she has a lot on her shoulders. Don't forget prayers for her as well.

Tomorrow I will be going to La Kwa for my 3rd visit. Our last visit went really well. We were able to find a family that was very interested in us holding presenting our stories in their yard. We sat and shared with them for a long time last week. Then we rode around and invited other people in the area to come to the class. We are going to try and keep Tuesday mornings at 10 as our regular time for this class. This is tough on me beceause I have to get up and start getting the horses ready by 6 a.m. so I can leave at 7:30. We can be there by around 9:30 after riding hard. Then we will do our class and make it back by 2p.m. so that Shadrack and I can do our class in Kou Kadishaw. I will be packing a sandwich for my lunches and eating on the "trail". Pray that this class will draw many people from this community, where few people are Christians, to Himself. Pray that we would exemplify Christ in our attitudes and actions. And finally pray for safety and endurance for the long rides in the hot sun.

Now that we are back up and running with the computer I'll be better able to keep you up to date on the happenings. Thank you so much for your interest and prayers for the work that God is doing here in Haiti.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy that you are up and running again. Prayers answered; last Sunday I asked our class to pray for this. More later, Mammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home