All's Well
Well, Thursday in Kou Kadishaw everything seemed fine. It was just starting to rain as Kathy and I arrived. We got there at 2:02 and there were already several people gathered under the mango tree. But since it was starting to rain we all went and crowded under someone's little columbia, the little building where they store their grains. We only had a couple chairs so we had 3 people per chair. We turn then on their sides and sit on the legs. That's one of the things we wouldn't really think to do in the states but they don't mind. I had told Kathy that we would only have 2 or 3 guys and we had about 5 high school age guys and one older man so that was a good problem to have!
The grandmother of the baby that died wasn't there and a few others but the rain would have been enough to hold some people back even if they hadn't just been through a funeral. So I was relieved all in all. We were going to go and pray for the family of the little girl that died but it had started to rain pretty hard by the time class was over so we decided we would go on Sunday. That was their idea to go and pray so I am really starting to see them think of themselves as a church.
I should probably also say that when I wrote about repercussions I was thinking about the church. I wasn't thinking that I would be in any danger. Even the voodoo people here like us and appreciate us being here! I don't ever feel in danger. In fact, on the way back, Kathy and I stopped at our neighbors' house. They are the ones that have had their white voodoo flag blowing for a couple months. We had a few things to give them for the kids. The mom asked if we had any clothes that would fit her. So Kathy and I had her come over a little later, once the rain stopped. We got her outfitted in a new dress of Kathy's and some other things. I told her that she, of course, couldn't come over without talking a little bit about the Lord. She was nice enough and said that she would sometimes hear us singing and would want to come over and listen but she never had any clothes or shoes she felt appropriate enough for church. She said that she followed her husband in what he did. But we couldn't get her to stay long because she said that she had left her kids at home without someone to watch them. Pray that now that she has a nice dress that the Lord would put it in her heart to come and at least visit the church once.
I ended up not going to La Kwa. I had a migrain and I had some medicine that I took and it helped but it makes me really sleepy and I didn't think riding in the hot sun for 4 hours would do great things for a migraine even with good medicine. But I got up and saddled the horses and sent Shadrack and Josner. For whatever reason we aren't having people come to the class. The guys have been really positive but Shadrack said that maybe one last week and then they would start to look for somewhere else. Many people in the town where interested when we would visit them in their homes and said they would come to the class but they just aren't. So we have to decide on the time to "shake off the dust" and go elsewhere.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home