Friday, June 09, 2006

A Busy Month

I love staying busy. So this is going to be a good month for me! Already it has been ticking by. I had to go back and see what I had written about last since it has been a while since I updated. Everything is going well. I went to Kou Kadishaw yesterday, twice actually. I'll spare you the details but I figured all-together I covered nearly 15 miles on foot! I was kind of laughing at myself, because once again, we got into the marriage-baptism-Lord's Supper debate. I was wondering how many more times I could go over this subject with the same people. Then I was wondering how one day I leave our meeting feeling so encouraged and refreshed. Then 4 days later leave tired and somewhat frustrated. But I guess that is the way things go. I have to accept that it is a very difficult yet important subject to this group. I am greatful they are willing to talk about things even if it can be hard to get them to see the truth. Having only had the Bible in their language for less than some of their lifetimes there are many half-truths hidden in this culture. Satan, uses these half-truths to his benefit, to keep people from receiving the fullness of the gospel. I think the quote of the day came from this question "Lindsey, what about the United States, are Christians there always married?" I said that yes, most Christians were married to their spouses, but they needed to understand that marriage was easier for us. I was meaning that we weren't usually held back by finances. Getting a marriage certificate is affordable. It is harder in Haiti. But they said, "Yeah, it's hard in Haiti because all our men are vagabonds." These conversations sometimes lead me over dangerous water, huh? But all-in-all the little church in Kou Kadishaw is off to an okay start. They counted over 30 on Sunday but I think they were counting all the little ones too.

I decided that I would make the drive into PAP. I feel good about that decision. We will probably end up staying the night though. I don't want to have to drive too much in the dark. We'll play that by ear. But I am looking forward to the arrival of my dad, mom, mammy (my dad's mom) and sister in just 5 days. I am praying that all the little details work out, everyone stays healthy, and they enjoy an up-close and personal view of life in Haiti. So much planning is put into trips like these that I feel pressured to show everyone a good time and make it worth the effort. But I am sure that everything will be fine and I just fret because there isn't much else I can do at this point.

Dad, Erin and Mammy will be heading home on the 20th but Mom will be staying until the 26th. We will all be going to the airport on that day because Sam, Delores, Tinana and I will be flying to the Domincan Republic for our Annual Meeting and Mom will head back to Kentucky. I am especially excited about this meeting because I will get to meet many more missionaries in our region. I was in the states with my broken leg during the last meeting. Not long after we will get back from our meeting I am hoping that my buddies Emily and Lindsay will be down for a visit. We have been talking about it since long before I arrived in Haiti and still have not finalized plans. But, Lord willing, it will all come together.

I feel like this is getting pretty long so I'll wrap it up with that! I'll keep you updated, as I get a chance, on how things go. Keep us all in your prayers. I can't tell you how greatful I am to be able to depend on people praying for me. It is truly an honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home