New News
Well, I am afraid that you may have heard the latest bad news to leave the country. It seems that 2 American missionaries were kidnapped Sunday on their way to church in PAP. This is something that is happening with much greater frequency these days. Things calmed down for a while but the violence and kidnappings are both creeping back up at an alarming rate. The good news for us is that all this is so far still happening in and around PAP. Our area has not changed a bit that we can see. But we still do have to travel in and our of PAP occassionally.
Tomorrow, happens to be one of those days. We aren't heading to PAP, but we do have a group that will arrive in PAP in the morning and then fly straight to Hinche. They will be working here for a week doing all sorts of various things. I'll keep you updated on when they get here and how things go with them. Please keep them in your prayers, for safe travel and a wonderful week of ministry amoung the Haitians.
I am playing hooky today from Kou Kadishaw. I was awake most of the night with a stomach ache and a headache. The stomach ache has lessened with the day but I still have a headache. And it isn't the first night this week I've been kept awake with those symptoms. I decided to try and rest today and see if it would get better on it's own. I want to be good and healthy to help keep up with the group that's coming in. Pray for me that my health wouldn't hold me back from being able to go and do this week!
Thanks and I'll write again in the next day or 2.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home