Home Again
After being away from Marmont for 9 days we are glad to be back. We had a good meeting in the Dominican Republic. It was really for the strategy coordinators for each of our teams but I got to go. We discussed how to be more effective in our work and how to reach more people with the gospel. We spent from Monday afternoon up to lunch on Friday meeting. I barely left eh hotel at all. It would be sort of hard to explain everything we talked about in just a little space. But at the end we made a list of things we would stop doing- those time stealers and maybe how we have been content with "good" instead of pursuing "better". We also made a list of things that we would start doing- new ideas or strategies we had picked up.
I believe that I had mentioned that we may be discussing at this meeting how I could be used in the DR. I know I had talked about it with folks at home. There are many Haitians in the DR, away from home and family, and in a country where they aren't really wanted or respected very much. There are no people with the IMB specifically targeting this group at the moment. If there are no, or few, Creole works in the DR I want to see how we can change that. I want to be used where I can have the most impact in reaching people for Christ. So over meals we discussed things that I can do. There were several missionaries who thought it would be a good idea if I could come and work with them for a while to at least get an idea of what is out there- what's being done and what's not being done. We still don't have any definite plans but it is being thought over and we may know something more soon. Please, please, please be in prayer for this new idea. Pray that the Lord would make known clearly the path He has already prepared for me. Pray for logistics, the right time and language. I studied Spanish for a semester in Mexico but much of it has been surpressed with my Creole. Pray that I would be able to survive efficiently managing 3 languages all at once and that I would continue to improve in both Creole and Spanish. And pray for each of my groups here- storying in Kou Kadishaw, English and Bible classes in Savann Plat and Thomonde, the church I usually attend here in Marmont, and my ag class in Karfew Alexi. Pray I would not leave any loose ends. Pray that the gospel would be communicated completely and effectively before I even thought about leaving. May no person who has come to my classes say that they never had the chance to accept Jesus or never understood something of great importance. And pray that the leaders would be strengthened and encouraged to continue on in the works where they feel led. That is a lot of prayer requests, huh? But God is faithful, if we pray He will answer. Thank you for your faithfulness in lifting me up before God's throne.
Things seem like they are okay here. I am giving up on plants. I had several little pepper plants growing that I have been babying for months that all died while we were gone. The neighbor was going to water but I don't think he did. Oh well. And Wednesday night someone attempted to steal our generator. Thankfully, the guard was awake and was able to scare them off without getting hurt himself. He said it was too dark to recognize anyone but that there were about 4 of them. I am getting ready to work on my lesson for English class this afternoon. I will be looking forward to getting over there and seeing everyone.
Thankfully, I am feeling good today. The last few days that wasn't so. My immune system seemed to hit the gutter for a couple days and I had everything from sinus problems to stomach problems. The worst of it hit Monday and I was able to stay in bed at the guest house where we stay while the York's ran errands.
I must say that my mail run this time was a little sad! Ginny and the Wells were faithful with their cards, as always, but other than that it was all from the IMB. This time I am going to give you forwarning. We are scheduled to work the mail coop on March 15 so we will be checking mail then. I want to hear from a few more of you! Just teasing. I know it has only been a month since I left KY but I do look forward to mail a lot;) Here's my address again:
Lindsey Cottrell
PAP 16393
c/o Agape Flights
7990 15th St. E.
Sarasota, FL 34243
A blessed rest of the week to you all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home