Tuesday, August 08, 2006

MARK YOUR CALENDARS! This is a picture from New Mexico at a wedding I got to go to while I was home with my broken leg last summer. I wanted to post it because the 2 girls on the left, Emily and Lindsay, are going to be coming to Haiti to visit me. I am so excited!!! We will have a blast I know. But we need your prayers. Port au Prince is not the safest place to be these days if you haven't heard the news. I wish we could avoid it but we can't. I am flying down to meet the girls at 9:30am on Monday, August 14th. I have to take a taxi from the little commuter airport to the big airport. Their plane arrives at 12:30. I will find them, we will hop in a taxi, drive back to the little airport and take a chartered, commuter flight back to Hinche where I consider us safe and sound. Our taxi drive is only a couple minutes but you never know. We will all (girls, myself and the Yorks) head back to PAP on Aug 23rd to take the girls to the airport and pick up supplies. Please, please, please mark your calendars to pray for us on those 2 days. Kidnappings are up in PAP again and it just isn't very safe. Pray that we would all make it perfectly safe on each leg of the trip. Pray that we would be invisible to any who could seek to harm us. I have prepared myself for risks but it is a totally different story when I think about my friends!

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger emily said...

got you covered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home